Objectives of this product photography tutorial: expand on the issues, specificities, and basics of the photography of technical parts, computer objects, and high-tech equipment through practical situational workshops on different products. Practical workshops on positioning and composition for different products. Understand and master the techniques of photo touch-ups. Understand and master the photographic process.
In-depth sectoral training (Technical product photography tutorial) for high-tech/technical parts
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the training program takes place in a fully equipped photo studio with all necessary material. The camera equipment provided: Canon 5D or equivalent. Software: PackshotCreator and PackshotViewer, Lightroom and Photoshop edition level I & II After a review of the fundamentals, the trainees organize, with the help of the trainer, their photo studio. Real-situation workshops for different cases of product shooting with constraints and graphic charters defined by the trainer.
Public: amateur photographers, actors of computing, technical parts, and High-tech.
Outline of the product photography tutorial and training program for high-tech/technical parts
1-Reminder and expansion on the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- The visuals for technical parts, computing products, and high-tech must be realized professionally in order to attract attention and reveal all of the features and visible details for online sales.
- What are the visuals which enable you to convert visits to sales in e-commerce?
- Reminder of the basic principles of shootings: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus. Macrophotography (training level I & II)
- Introduction to the benefits, challenges, and constraints of multi-angle, 360°, and 3D shots.
- Indexing and consolidation of products for the shooting.
- Prepare and equip the photo studio.
- Prepare and place several products compositions: awareness of the magnitude of the sizes and varieties of these products: digital cameras, Bluetooth speakers, automotive mechanical parts…
- Implementation of a system of repeatability to place photographed subjectson on the studio (ghost image).
- Install and adjust the lighting depending upon the size and texture of the subject. Placement of different light sources and shapers: soft boxes, reflectors, and barn doors.
- Settings adjustments for shooting: speed, sensitivity, aperture, white balance.
- Adjustments and direct preview with a monitor.
- Management of glare on chromed and reflective materials.
- Use the screen for shooting: the Live View.
- Practical case studies of different types of products and product compositions of computing, high-tech equipment, and technical parts: complete set for desktop, keyboard, monitor, and mouse.
- Assessments by photo production workshop of the trainee by the trainer.
- Verification of the sharpness, framing, and colorimetry.
- Optimization of contrasts and colors.
- Amplify or reduce glares and flashes / shadows / sharpness and digital noise.
- Harmonize visual’s backgrounds.
- Export files to the desired formats for integration on different types of broadcasting media.
- Name, organize, and stock visuals.
The benefits of the program
The theoretical and practical in-depth training program tied to the world of computing, high-tech equipment, and technical parts prepares you for the production of directly useable quality photos and animations for all communication media, for archiving, databases, or for Research and Development. It enables you to face the constraints presented by the precise specifications and perfect photographic post-production. 30-day post-training follow-up. Continuous and end of course evaluation.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of in-depth sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for computing, technical parts, and high-tech equipment.
- Our first traing for Packshot photographic production for computing, technical parts, and high-tech equipment.
Discover our module about photographic touch-ups through Photoshop.
Our comprehensive cycles
Discover our customized sectoral training courses.
Do you know about our PackshotOnboarding consulting offer?