Objectives: expand on the issues, specificities, and basics of product photo training and animation in the sectors of the arts, architecture, and antiques through practical situational workshops on various subjects. Practical workshops on positioning and composition for different product varieties. Understand and master the techniques of photo touch-ups. Understand and master the photographic process.
Packshot Product photo training for Antiques and artefacts In-Depth
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the second part of this training program takes place in a fully equipped photo studio with all necessary material. The camera equipment provided: Canon 5D or equivalent. Software: Packshot Creator and PackshotViewer, Lightroom and Photoshop. After a review of the fundamentals, the trainees organize, with the help of the trainer, their photo studio. Real-situation workshops for different cases of product shooting with constraints and graphic charters defined by the trainer.
Public: amateur photographers, actors in the world of architecture, antiques, the arts, and online auctions.
Prerequisites: basic photographic knowledge (manual settings, light sources…).
Outline of the training program for photo production of antiques and arts
1-Reminder and expansion on the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- The sale or the presentation of works of art or antiques online requires a perfect visual presentation. Every detail counts in informing a buyer. Hence the importance of multi-angles, 360° animations, or 3D modeling.
- What are the visual codes for the photographic and animation production in the sector of the arts and architecture?
- Reminder of the basic principles of shootings: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- Introduction to the advantages, challenges, and constraints of multi-angle, 360°, and spherical and hemispherical 3D shots (augmented reality).
- Indexing and consolidation of products for photo shooting and animation creation.
- Prepare and equip the photo studio.
- Prepare and place compositions of multiple parts with different sizes, textures, and materials.
- Create a system of repeatability for subject placement (ghost image).
- Install and adjust the lighting depending on the size and texture of the subject for an optimal rendering for objects that are reflective, matt, or other. Placement of different light sources and shapers: soft boxes, reflectors, and barn doors.
- Shooting settings: speed, sensitivity, aperture, white balance.
- Adjustments and direct preview of the rendition with the control monitor.
- Use the screen for shooting: the Live View.
- Practical case studies on different types of products and compositions for antiques, works, and collection art pieces.
- Ongoing assessment and follow-ups of photo production and animation workshops by the trainer.
- Verification of the sharpness, framing, and colorimetry.
- Optimization of contrasts and colors.
- Amplify or reduce glares and flashes / shadows / sharpness and digital noise.
- Harmonize the backgrounds.
- Export images to the desired format to integrate them into different types of media: online auction sites, antique websites, or a presentation of a sale on a print catalogue.
- Naming and stocking of visuals on a server.
The benefits of this program
The theoretical and practical in-depth training program tied to the sectors of the arts and antiques prepares you for the production of directly exploitable quality visuals for communication media such as web and print, archiving, or even for creating a database. It enables you to face the constraints presented by the precise specifications and perfect photographic post-production.
30-day post-training follow-up. Continuous and end of course evaluation.
Recognition of product photo training acquired skills
Certificate of completion of in-depth sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for antiques and artwork.
Discover our module about e-commerce visuals.
Our comprehensive cycles
Discover our customized sectoral training courses.
Do you know about our PackshotOnboarding consulting offer?