Objectives of this packshot product photos training: expand on the issues, specificities, and basics of object photography in packaging and agribusiness through case studies of various products. Practical workshops on positioning and composition for different product varieties. Understand and master the techniques of photo touch-ups. Understand and master the photographic process.
In-depth* sectoral training in Packshot product photos for packaging and agribusiness
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the training program takes place in a fully equipped photo studio with all necessary material. The camera equipment provided: Canon 5D or equivalent. Software: Packshot Creator and PackshotViewer, Lightroom and Photoshop. After a review of the fundamentals, the trainees organize, with the help of the trainer, their photo studio. Real-situation workshops for different cases of product shooting with constraints and graphic charters defined by the trainer.
Prerequisites: basic photographic knowledge (manual settings, light sources,).
Program outline in Packshot product photos training for packaging and agribusiness
1- Reminder and expansion on the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- What is the impact of 360° visuals and augmented reality in online sales of packaging and agribusiness?
- How to understand, position, and compose with the wide range of products from these sectors? Panorama of the market and its industry trends.
- Reminder of the basic skills of shootings: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- Introduction to the benefits, challenges, and constraints of multi-angle, 360°, and 3D shots.
- Indexing and consolidation of products for the shooting.
- Preparation and arrangement of the photo studio for shooting.
- Prepare and place the compositions of a group or multiple products: set of soda bottles, sets of various products of the same brand, etc…
- Create a system of repeatability of object placement (ghost image).
- Install and adjust the lighting depending upon the size and texture of the subject. Placement of different light sources and shapers: soft boxes, reflectors, and barn doors.
- Shooting settings: speed, sensitivity, aperture, white balance.
- Adjustments and direct preview with the Live View.
- Management of glares on packaging with reflective surfaces.
- Use of a monitor for the shooting: the Live View.
- Practical case studies on different types of products and product compositions: shots and animation of cosmetic product packaging, telephony, or dietary items, photos and animations of fruits and vegetables. Compositions of several packaging & culinary products.
- Evaluations by workshop of trainee photo productions performed by the trainer.
- Verification of the sharpness, framing, and colorimetry.
- Optimization of contrasts and colors.
- Amplify or reduce glares and flashes / shadows / sharpness and digital noise.
- Harmonization of visual’s white backgrounds.
- Exportation of images to the desired format for use on different types of broadcasting media. Animation exports to Flash and HTML 5 format.
- Name, organize, and stock visuals.
The benefits of this Packshot product photos program
The theoretical and practical in-depth training program tied to the sector of packaging and agribusiness prepares you for the production of quality visuals that are ready-to-use for an e-commerce website or various print media. It enables you to manage the constraints imposed by precise specifications and to perfect photographic post-production.
30-day post-training follow-up. Continuous and end of course evaluation.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of in-depth sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for packaging and agribusiness.
- Discover the first part of our training
Discover our module about 360° shooting.
Our comprehensive cycles
Discover our customized sectoral training courses.
Do you know about our PackshotOnboarding consulting offer?