Objectives of antiques and art pieces – website products photo training: learn and master the issues, specificities, and basics of object photography in art and architectural pieces, know how to position an object, choose lighting and its preparation, master shooting, and learn the basics of photographic post-processing.
Sectoral training in Antiques and art pieces - website products photo training
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the training program takes place in a fully equipped photo studio: Canon 1100D, 650D, or superior. Software: PackshotCreator and PackshotViewer, Lightroom and Photoshop.
Public: actors in the world of architecture, art galleries, antiques, art, and auctions.
Prerequisite: basic computer knowledge on PC or Mac
Outline of the training program in Antiques and art pieces – website products photo trainings
1- Introduction to the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- Online sales of works of art or antiques requires an ambitious visual presentation. Trust capital is the rule, whether it be for presenting works for an auction sale or for selling directly online.
- What visual to obtain so as to showcase artwork and architectural pieces in order to gain the interest of the consumer?
- What are the codes of the industry?
- For which public?
- Panorama of the market and its industry trends.
- Introduction to different types of lighting: daylight, neon, LED, and flash management.
- Basic principles of shootings: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- Prepare and equip the photo studio.
- Prepare and place the pieces: paintings, architectural material, models, sculptures, and antiques.
- Create a system of repeatability for object placement according to its size, characteristics, or by lot for sale in the case of auctions (ghost image).
- Install and adjust the lighting depending on the size and texture of the subject, be it matt or reflective (paint varnishes). Taking into account of different textures and specific photo renderings on stone, ceramic, canvas, wood, and metal.
- Management of the camera: exposure, adjustment, and focus.
- Regulate the camera according to the photographed piece of macrophotography (numismatics) up until the biggest of items such as sculptures.
- Preview on Live View and additional settings.
- Shooting of different subjects: unique antiques or with certificates of authenticity, pieces on bases, subjects in crystal or glass, engravings on wood.
- Case studies of different types of products from the world of art and antiques.
- Touch-ups: verification of sharpness, framing, and optimization of the product visual colors.
- Export the images to the desired format.
- Visuals storage.
The benefits of the program
The theoretical and practical learning from this program enables you to master the production of directly useable, quality visuals. The trainee will be able to place and photograph objects on a neutral background so that they are ready to be integrated into a catalogue or on an e-commerce, auction, or even archiving site.
30-day post-training follow-up.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of sectoral training in Antiques and art pieces – website products photo training.
Discover our in-depth sectoral training content.
Discover our module about e-commerce visuals.
Our comprehensive cycles
Discover our customized sectoral training courses.