Objectives of this product photo training: learn and master the issues, specificities, and basics of shooting items from the leather goods sector, know how to position an object, choose and prepare lighting, master the shooting process and become initiated in the basics of photographic post-processing.
Leather Goods PackshotCreator product photo training program
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Participants : 4-8.
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the training program takes place in a fully equipped photo studio with all necessary material. The provided photo equipment: Canon 1100D, 650D, or superior. Software: PackshotCreator and Viewer, Lightroom, and Photoshop.
Public: actors in the leather goods sector.
Prerequisite: basic computer knowledge on PC or Mac.
Outline of the leather Goods PackshotCreator product photo training
1 – Introduction to the challenges of the industry:
- How and which types of photos to obtain in order to showcase the many references of leather goods: from high-end products to mass released products?
- How to promote their manufacture or handling in order to generate consumer interest in e-commerce?
- Also, create visuals for quality control, so as to create a database, or for research and development.
- What are the different visual codes of this industry?
- Articles from leather goods and small leather goods are often pleasure purchases, hence the central role of visuals, be it for the high-end section, mid-range, department stores, or retail specialized in multi-brand.
- Introduction to different types of lighting: daylight, neon, LED, and flash management.
- Basic principles of shootings: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- Prepare, equip, and configure one’s photo studio.
- Prepare and position one’s products: luggage, small leather goods, bags, belts, handles and shoulder straps.
- Know how to position the product so as to highlight its details by importance: stamps, webbings, loops, clasps…
- How to put forward the layout of a bag (pockets, closures, links, and features)?
- Know how to create specific visuals to showcase the accessories and finishing of products (suspender straps, sharp edges, linings, belts, and part-assembly details).
- Create a system of repeatability of the “ghost image” object placement for the lots to be photographed.
- Install and adjust the lighting depending upon the size, colors, textures, and details of the photographed subjects. The settings and management of the light will be different for suede, leather, Nubuck, velvet.
- Presetting of the camera: exposure, adjustment, and focus
- Preview on Live View.
- Product shooting.
- Case studies on different product types of the industry: large products like trunks or suitcases, bags, small leather goods.
- Touch-ups: verification of sharpness, framing, and optimization of the product visual colors.
- Export the images to the desired format.
- Store one’s visuals
The benefits of this program
Photography is the job of a specialist. Nevertheless, learning the theoretical and practical fundamentals tied to the leather goods industry will enable you to master these aspects for the production of quality visuals, directly useable for quality control, research and development, or even to reinforce the pleasure purchasing proper to the sector. The trainee will be able to place and photograph objects on a neutral background so that they are ready to be integrated into a catalogue or on an e-commerce website.
30-day post-training follow-up.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of Leather Goods PackshotCreator product photo training
Discover our in-depth sectoral training content
Discover our module about framing and object composition.
Our comprehensive cycles
Discover our customized sectoral training courses.