The AutoMask is an automatic background removal feature. The algorithm of the AutoMask feature detects the edges of the subject and then automatically removes the background and let appear the transparencies. You will automatically generate a PNG file and the product shot will appear on a transparent background.
An automatic & powerful feature
The AutoMask feature on the PackshotCreator’s software, with a powerful algorithm has been intelligently designed to allow you to make a perfect and intuitive background removal of all of your product photos, 3D and 360 animations. It smartly detects and automatically separates the product from its background, creating a PNG file with a transparent background.
The AutoMask has been developed for removing the background of the most complex products: white, transparent and reflective products.
Ideal for shooting products for catalogues or for interacting them into colorful backgrounds or photomontages.
PackshotCreator advantage: natural shadow
How to shoot your products with AutoMask:
Control the production straight from the software and preview the results in real time :
1. Place your product
2. Choose AutoMask as the Capture Mode
3. Make pre-adjustments necessary (for the AutoMask to work perfectly, the lighting needs to be adjusted in order to create a contrast between the background and the shoes edges).
4. Click on “New Profile” and then select between matte, reflective, translucent or glass, according to your products typology.
5. Turn the “Apply Shadow” ON if you want to keep the natural shadow
6. Click on Snap
7. Within seconds, the software automatically detects the object’s edges and separates it from the background with a black and white mask
8. With the left and right cursors, adjust the opacity and the quality of the mask
9. Click on “Mask” and adjust the opacity and the quality of the shadow then click on “Finish”
10. Save the AutoMask profile if desired
11. The image directly appears on the screen in a PNG format with a transparent background and natural shadow (if applied)
12. Save your file
After the shooting, you can instantly customize your productions straight from the software: add backgrounds to your product.